Learn more about your hardwood flooring options in Forest Park, IL
Hardwood flooring adds value and comfort to any décor. There are almost endless options with hardwood, including materials like birch, cherry, maple, red oak and more. With hardwood, it’s possible to find materials and finishes to match the look and feel of almost any space.
That’s not all.
With so many styles and types of hardwood to choose from, Floor Coverings International will partner you with a designated Design Associate to help narrow down your options and find the perfect choice for your home.
The best part?
Our design meetings are free with no obligation.
Floor Coverings International in Oak Park is a locally-owned flooring store with a massive hardwood catalog. We combine personalized service with national buying power to deliver the look you want at an exceptional value.
Key Hardwood Flooring Features
- Adds warmth and beauty to any space
- Improves property values
- Tons of materials and finishes for design flexibility
- Enhances room decor
Types of Hardwood Installation
There are four methods to install new hardwood floors:
- Nail Down. This method fastens the wood directly to the subfloor.
- Staple Down. Staples are used instead of nails to fasten wood planks directly to the subfloor.
- Glue Down. A specialized adhesive is used to cement hardwood to the subfloor.
- Floating/Click. This is the easiest method for hardwood installation and can be installed over almost any surface (not just subfloors).
The type of installation is largely determined by the type of wood and finish you choose, and some approaches are more labor-intensive than others.
If you have a specific deadline for your new floors, make sure to tell your Design Associate so they can help you choose a hardwood style that can be installed within your timeline.
Schedule a Free, On-Site Appointment
For hardwood flooring installs near Forest Park, IL, contact Floor Coverings Internatinal to book a free, in-home design consultation.